No two days will be alike as Hospitality Manager at the treehouse. We are a fast-paced, growing agency with a fun and dynamic “treehouse” office environment. This role allows us to better focus on client service and flawless execution of special projects for our clients. You’ll serve as the support person for the agency, including our 8,000-square foot office space in the heart of the Arena District.
You will be the first person to greet the many guests at the treehouse. You will be warm, professional and task-focused to keep multiple details organized and moving forward. As Hospitality Manager, you will sweat the details of the experience our guests have, whether they are community members in for networking, clients in for a presentation, a group from a local art school, borrowers of our space through “Hospitalitree” or prospective trees or clients in for interviews or meetings. You will coordinate the details of meetings and events at our office from a typical four-person lunch meeting in a conference room to larger-scale, custom experiences for client entertaining. You’ll also have the opportunity to plan internal events for the trees, everything from business meetings/updates to fun tree-family events.
You will manage a few of our partner relationships like IT resources, our landlord, alarm company and cleaning services. This role will require some on-the-fly errand running. On occasion, you may be asked to assist with client projects or special projects for the agency. You will report to treetree’s Administrative Director.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Primary resource for greeting guests at the door and showing them to the appropriate meeting room after taking their coat, offering a beverage and alerting the expectant tree that their guest has arrived.
- Responsible for the set-up of meeting rooms, including being able to troubleshoot technology needs, coordination and set-up of catering and/or refreshments and tear-down/clean-up.
- Keep all areas in the office “camera-ready” always, including set-up and tear-down of kitchen and meeting rooms.
- Execute and/or delegate errand needs for the treehouse, like office groceries and supplies and be available for on-the-fly offsite errand running as requests arise.
- Responsible for uploading and updating data into our CRM tool.
- Responsible for tracking treetree client birthdays, ensuring a personalized card/gift is delivered on time.
- Coordinate the routing and mailing of congratulatory, celebratory, gratitude and condolence cards on behalf of the agency.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and rapport with key treehouse partners including our landlord, office cleaners, alarm company and IT professionals. You will own these relationships and be the point person to communicate on behalf of the trees, our needs and requests to those parties.
- Primary resource for answering the main telephone line, routing calls and voicemail messages.
- Help with administrative tasks for client service team members, as needed. (finish work on assembly for client work, copies, labeling, mailing services, assisting project managers with client event details, etc.)
- Responsible for keeping an eye on the inventory of bathroom, office and kitchen supplies, replenishing as needed.
- Order office supplies, equipment or any other special requests.
- Distribute the mail and packages as delivered.
- Manage shipping and courier needs (Post Office, FedEx, UPS, couriers).
- Compile materials as needed for meetings and presentations.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as filing and organizing.
- Responsible for care of all office plants.
- Experience supporting a person or team as an administrative assistant or office manager preferred.
- Five years of experience in a professional setting.
- Flexible schedule to meet the needs of the hospitality schedule.
- Confident decision maker who requires little supervision.
- Ability to re-prioritize, pivot and adapt to change–think grace under pressure.
- Ability to develop relationships and maintain rapport with key treehouse partners.
- Interest in the ever-changing practices and technologies in the administrative field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and can juggle multiple tasks with precision and excellence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable utilizing Mac products.
- Creative agency experience or a similar professional services field.