Part-Time Accounting Associate
We are a fast-paced, growing agency with a fun and dynamic office environment. This role allows us to better focus on client service and flawless execution of work for our clients. You’ll serve as the financial touchpoint for the agency.
We’re looking for an optimistic, proactive, hardworking, creative spirit to join our team. We have fun and work hard. In our organization, you can make a difference. You will be warm, professional and task-focused to keep multiple details organized and moving forward. As Bookkeeper, you will embrace the chaos with open arms, be an analytical thinker, creative problem solver and professional in your communication.
This role will require high attention to detail and a fast-paced worker. It is extremely important that you are accurate and timely with your work.
- Responsible for multiple cash responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Entering deposits in system
- Filing remittance copies for audit trail
- Preparing checks and mailing
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash management (forecasting)
- Responsible for areas of A/P, including but not limited to:
- Vendor setup
- Obtain approval and code A/P vender invoices
- Input invoices into accounting system
- Maintain audit trail support file for vendor and credit card payments
- Enter credit card transactions and verifies receipts
- Communication with Vendors
- Request and maintain W-9 files and NDAs
- Annual Form 1099s
- Reconcile credit card accounts from system to statement monthly
- Invoicing Clients and monitoring service team review of invoicing.
- Collections of past due invoices
- Monitoring all request that come through a dedicated inbox.
- Month end journal entries – deferred revenue, debt, accruals
- Monthly financial statements
- Experience supporting a client based agency desired.
- 8+ years experience working in a bookkeeping setting.
- Flexible schedule to meet the needs of the client billing schedule.
- Confident decision maker who requires little supervision.
- Ability to re-prioritize, pivot and adapt to change–think “grace under pressure”.
- Ability to develop relationships and maintain rapport with key business partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and can juggle multiple tasks with precision and excellence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable utilizing Mac products.
- Creative agency experience or a similar professional services field.
- We have a creative company, not a creative department, so everyone has the opportunity to be creative.
- Our environment philosophy is “work hard at work, play hard at home,” and we value work-family balance.
- treetree has grown rapidly over the past nine years, and we are uniquely positioned in the market as The Agency of Special Projects.
- Team members at our growing agency have the freedom to voice their ideas and make an impact on process, policies and procedures. And, if you want to plan the next agency picnic, we’d welcome that too.
- treetree is independent and female owned.
- Every member of our team has the opportunity to wear many hats.
- We value and protect our fun, family-like work atmosphere and culture in an office in the heart of the Arena District. Walk next door to the North Market, restaurants or the arena and experience the energy of our city.
- Working at The Agency of Special Projects means there’s lots of diversity in the types of projects we are awarded. We often get trusted with those that are most important and most urgent within large marketing departments at clients like OhioHealth, Alliance Data, Nationwide and Worthington Industries.