Senior Account Manager (Events Focus)
We are a fast-paced marketing agency that provides experience design services. This role will support the experience design team, particularly events, and will work in partnership with other departments within the agency.
You are the trusted tree who will both lead and support client and treetree events with precision, agility and attention to detail. You will work in tandem with your team, clients and partners on planning and execution of multi-scale special events. You put our clients and our team members at ease because you’ve “got it covered.” You are a creative problem-solver and a critical thinker. You are curious, deliberate and thoughtful in all interactions with internal and external teams. You can quickly grasp the whole picture and ask the right questions. You are methodical and process-driven and able to think on your feet.
Your supernatural ability to stay organized and orderly keeps you and everyone around you on track. You have meticulous attention to detail and can navigate a to-do list like no other. You are air-traffic-control, detail oriented and anticipate all incoming and outbound action for your projects.
You have grace under pressure and you never let them see you sweat.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the client to understand their goals, providing strategic direction and experience development for their event.
- Manage client relationships at multiple levels in the organization. Retain and grow key accounts while always looking for new client opportunities.
- Plan and manage event tactics such as communications, logistics, guest list, execution, print materials, volunteers, etc.
- Work from treetree on the events team and, when necessary, conduct some work hours on-site at the client’s headquarters or at event venues to ensure optimal collaboration and flawless execution.
- Coordinate with outside vendors and online resources to research and recommend event experiences, promotional items, catering, costs, etc.
- Create and maintain reporting documents or work within client’s reporting system (i.e., Basecamp) to track budgets and tasks.
- Use your written and verbal communication skills to communicate with clients and trees at all levels of the team. Listen carefully to details and nuances to anticipate challenges.
- Build and maintain a network of industry peers and partners. Stay up to date on trends and best practices.
- Develop and evolve systems and processes for internal and client teams.
- Seven+ years in a professional environment.
- Five+ years of event activation and/or experiential marketing experience.
- Experience with planning events for corporations or large institutions and project management.
- Ability to develop relationships and maintain rapport with key clients and partners.
- Outstanding multi-tasking abilities and can juggle multiple tasks with precision.
- Confident decision maker who requires little supervision.
- Flexible schedule with availability to work evenings and weekends or travel as required for events (with comp time, as applicable).
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable utilizing Mac products.
- CRM experience is a major plus.
- Interest in the ever-changing strategies, offerings, practices, technologies and techniques in the event planning and hospitality industries.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds regularly as required for event set up and tear down.