You are a critical thinker. You are an intuitive and creative problem-solver. You are curious, deliberate and thoughtful in all interactions with clients and internal teams. As a director you can grasp the big picture quickly and provide consult to clients on strategic and creative decisions. Yet, you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty. You’re just as comfortable down in the details as you are flying high above the action. Not only are you a step ahead, you’re 10,000 feet above, putting it all into context and perspective. You’re able to see the long view. In fact, you help plan it. You’re a high-level consultant who shares a love of minutiae.
To clients, you are their trusted voice within treetree. You connect with clients because you hold insights into their brand, and you are sensitive to their pain points. Within short order, your clients will not know how they’ve gotten this far without you. You are able to think on your feet. Your ability to adapt and get up to speed quickly is important. Your calm-under-pressure personality comes with ownership mentality and is always thinking of the next opportunity to deepen the client relationship.
To your treetree colleagues, you are a partner, coach and confidante. Your accountability, support, approachability and availability demonstrate your expertise and leadership. You are a mentor who helps shape account managers into future account leaders and account leaders into future account directors like you.
Apply via email at [email protected]
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Team member leadership: Provide guidance, coaching and training to any account coordinators reporting directly to you. Navigate conversations by providing timely, candid feedback with care.
- Financial management: Assist in charting the course to achieve client revenue goals. Provide oversight and input to monthly organic growth meetings.
- Client leadership: Play the lead role in ensuring we are meeting, if not exceeding, client expectations.
- Thought leadership: Ask thoughtful questions to find new opportunities to evolve our services and processes and to add further value to the agency and clients.
- Scoping: Write scopes of work that capture the tasks and deliverables required for a successful and profitable project.
- Scheduling: Oversee the development of timelines and work plans to execute projects to meet client deadlines and expectations.
- Owning it: Prioritize and change gears quickly with partnership from the VP, Client Service. Evaluate projects and analyze successes, challenges and opportunities.
- Project operations: Utilize our project management tool to maintain all client and project records including client information, project routes, scopes and billing.
- Organic growth: Identify and cultivate opportunities and insights with clients.
- Lead people and work: You provide thoughtful, quick consult to colleagues and clients on strategic and creative decisions.
- Plan and organize: You are methodical in process, resource management, scope development and project development and management.
- Take action: You make informed, independent decisions and own it, seeking input when necessary.
- Manage conflict: You’re able to independently and effectively manage tension and difficult conversations within relationships to determine the best outcome.
- Manage ambiguity: You effectively cope with change, shifting gears comfortably and deciding and acting without having the total picture.
- Develops talent: You plan and support the development of your teams’ skills and abilities.
- Four-year degree required
- 12+ years of marketing, advertising or branding experience, with at least eight of that within an agency
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to lead client and internal meetings, present, marketing plans, strategy and creative
- Experience managing client relationships at the senior-most levels
- Experience in managing digital-first, print, and broadcast projects
- Willingness to manage the fine details and have accountability for all aspects of a project/account while tending to the big picture